The AA Grapevine is the international journal of Alcoholics Anonymous. Written, edited, illustrated and read by AA members and others interested in the AA program of recovery from alcoholism, the Grapevine is a lifeline linking one alcoholic to another.
Basic Committee Functions
- To develop awareness of the many benefits that can be derived through the Grapevine and La Viña (Spanish version) subscriptions.
- Encourages individuals and groups to subscribe to “our meeting in Print”.
- Encourages our Members to contribute articles, photographs, illustrations and cartoons for publication.
- Provides a display at the Area quarterlies and assemblies and other AA events as requested, to inform Members of the Grapevine and other items available.
- Keeps Area 79 informed of ongoing Grapevine activities.
- Have Members become familiar with the AA Grapevine web site (www.aagrapevine.org).
- Oversees the development and maintenance of this webpage.
The Grapevine Chair is an appointed position on the General Service Committee. For more information about the duties and responsibilities of the Chairperson, please see the following Job Description.
Contact the Grapevine Chair by email:
See below for some additional information that may be helpful. The following are pdf documents that are available for download:
Guidelines for contributing to Grapevine (pdf, 1 page)
AA Grapevine Challenge (pdf, 1 page)
The AA Grapevine Statement of Purpose (pdf, 1 page)
History of the AA Grapevine (pdf, 1 page)
A Guide to the AA Grapevine (pdf, 109 pages)
Here are some skits that are fun to perform, carry a good AA message, and help explain the roll of the Grapevine in recovery:
Ebie – a Christmas play (pdf, 11 pages)
Graplet – by William Shakesbeer (pdf, 12 pages)
Star Trek – by Gene Wine Berry (pdf, 9 pages)
Grapevine Subscriptions and Product Catalogue
Subscriptions are available in Print, Digital, Online and Audio forms, as well as the Digital Archive. Visit the: AA Grapevine Subscription page for details.
The AA Grapevine Catalogue and Order Form is available on the AA Grapevine Website, from where it may be downloaded: A.A. Grapevine Catalogue (pdf, 5 pages).